Field Staking / Ice Storm
Tri-County Electric Cooperative (TCEC), located in the Panhandle of Oklahoma, requests Statements of Qualifications and Bids to complete Field Staking related to a January 2017 Ice Storm in Beaver County Oklahoma. Line Contractors construction work based on this staking work will occur over 36 to 48 months. It is expected staking work will be completed in sufficient time to stay ahead of Line Contactors to ensure steady and efficient work flow. Permanent repair work is expected to begin in early 2018. The work will include retirement, new design and field staking of the following:
- Single Phase – 271.20 miles
- Three Phase – 353.40 miles
- Design and Staking shall be conducted utilizing current TCEC design standards.
- Retirement, New Design and Field Staking shall be completed utilizing NISC MapWise. Prospective contractor shall be familiar with NISC MapWise and will also be responsible for coordinating with NISC and TCEC to set up VPN access and NISC user account. Contractor will be responsible for providing computers and their own IT support.
- Contractor shall be responsible for providing staking sheets and materials generated with NISC MapWise.
- Contractor shall be familiar with TCEC construction units.
- There shall be two unit costs submitted for bids (Unit Price shall be $/mile):
- Single Phase
- Three Phase
- Quantities shown are approximate. Total miles could be reduced or increased with no change to unit cost bids.
- Unit costs shall include all travel, lodging, meals, construction stakes, retirement, new design, field staking and any miscellaneous costs associated with meetings, review or other items.
TCEC invites qualified consultants to submit a Bid package based upon the basic services outlined above. TCEC promotes equal opportunity and encourages all contractors including minority-owned, women owned, and small business enterprises to bid.
To receive consideration, bid packages must be developed and submitted within these parameters:
- All Bid packages shall be delivered by 5:00 p.m. on October 30, 2017 addressed to:
Electric Distribution Design and Staking
Attn: Rick Wayman
995 Mile 46 Road
PO Box 880
Hooker, OK 73945
- The Bid package label must be clearly marked “Statement of Qualifications and Bids for Electric Distribution Design and Staking”;
- The Bid package must include the proposer’s contact information;
To obtain a bid package including maps of locations and construction standards please contact Rick Wayman (580) 652-3863 or e-mail RWayman@tcec.coop.
Formal bid opening will be held on October 31, 2017, 1:30 PM CDT.
Staking shall begin within two weeks of contract execution.
Selection Criteria Include:
- Written description of project understanding, workflow and procedures for retirement, new design, staking sheets and field staking services.
- Familiarity with TCEC construction standards and NISC software;
- The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to personnel whom will be in the field designing and staking the system;
- The past record of performances of the firm, safety record, and the ability of the firm to stay ahead of Line Contractors.
- Bidder must be a member of ISNetworld.
TCEC reserves the right to reject any, and all proposals and to select a firm and award a contract that is deemed to be in the best interest of the utility.